National Green Building Standard (NGBS) Green Verifier Services
Synergy Home Advantage specializes in NGBS Green Verifier services.
The NGBS certification goes beyond claiming that a home is energy efficient. One of the most important benefits for a developer or builder is the independent their party verification that your apartment building or other development has been designed and built to achieve high performance in these key areas:
- Site Design
- Resource Efficiency
- Water Efficiency
- Energy Efficiency
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- Building Operation and Maintenance
So, just why would this be a perfect certification for your affordable housing project?
- Focuses on lowered construction costs through resources efficiency (minimizes waste)
- Focuses on lowered ownership costs through durable construction product selection (minimizes break-downs)
- Improves indoor air quality through an emphasis on proper ventilation (creates a healthier environment for the tenants)
- Lowers utility costs for tenants in the individual units and for the owners in the common areas (efficient lighting, water heating, and HVAC)
- Provides developing educational resources for owners and tenants to ensure optimum comfort and performance of the buildings.
The NGBS Green Verifier's role is to assist the owner/developer, the general contractor, and all sub-contractors in assuring that the project meets or exceeds the standards and goals set for the project. This includes plan review, energy modeling, and a minimum of three inspections per house/apartment unit to assure that the house is in compliance with all parts of the certification process.
Builders, industry professionals, and owners looking to build a new multifamily project cannot miss with the NGBS Green Multifamily Building Certification. This program is well-designed for the affordable housing market.
Call 478-697-5609 for more information